Monday 17 June 2013

Overlaying photography part 2



Overlaying photography part 2
I have been developing more on my print works; using photos, paint, ink, bleach, sand paper, salt, PVA, coffee stains and a utility knife I have been trying to recreate more surreal / abstract apocalyptic landscapes.


Some have better effects than others as the image of the statue below seems one of the better developed. I scraped the photo with sand paper making it rough and worn and then applying over it red and orange paint. I am very pleased with how this one turned out as the end result looks similarly to and sand storm. I used the sand paper knock back the leaves and place the statue as clearly visible.

Another one has been made with Beksinski in mind again and made a possibly better attempt at it. I used bright paint tones of yellow with added red to create a lucid abstract atmosphere. I needed this to be lighter than the other photos I did. In order to make it bleaker and morbid I added green and blue ink and allowed to flow down the piece and messed around with the structure a bit resulting in a strange structural deformation that is similar to Beksinski’s gothic cathedrals.

The photo of the statue and a CCTV camera has been overlaid with dark clouds that accentuate the rainclouds that was developing at the time it was produced. At a distance the straight cuts looks like lightning or could perhaps be taken static-like effect seen over a damaged camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment