Monday 17 June 2013

Manipulating photography



Manipulating photography
I have been taking another direction in manipulating photography. Utilizing photostudio, photoshop and Gimp I was able to make a good degree of altered works.

The first of these developments was produced using two different layers using the curves tool to develop on the building colours and contrasts. I created an ominous silhouetted building blanked against the sky and then applied a duplicate image contrast and colour saturation. This applied over the image created this great foreboding structure that stands almost luminously against this clear sky.


My second piece was of a statue surrounded by a large hedge of leaves. I wanted to make this piece more apocalyptic and thought about how I could centre piece more on the statue and so used the Iphoto editing to blur the leaves. This had the effect of bringing the leaves in the foreground forward so that the subject can be viewed as if the overgown plants are growing out of control. Additionally I enhanced the colour and shadow of the leaves surrounding it.


 
This last piece was made using Iphoto to produce this effect on the building. Utilizing a colour scheme to create the effect of urban decay and emphasized its features with darkening tool. I am very pleased with the result and believe it fits well along with overbearing sky as a prominent part of the composition. With these features I believe the piece works favourably well as an apocalypse or horror scene worthy of April A Taylor and an expressive urban-setting of Jock McFadyen.

No comments:

Post a Comment