Monday 17 June 2013

Ideas, thoughts and conclusions



Ideas thoughts and conclusions

The artist research has been very informative and inspiring and I believe I am getting a better sense of what directions I want to take. The surreal aspect is something I would like to experiment with and there is a lot of potential in urban landscape drawing and painting. Other media I would like to follow on including that at the start of the year would be overlaying photos with paint in order to create certain effects and enhance visual aspects like that of before but maybe more developed this time.

On terms of the visual thematic aspects I am attracted to the Dark Europe photography of A. Taylor and Beksinski’s disturbing cityscapes. The major theme in this would be the remnant vestiges of human presence in long-abandoned buildings and I believe a subtle approach would make the most effective in creating a truly poignant Apocalyptic landscape. Doig’s expressive visions are able to embody this very well and would to explore this direction in my work.

Additionally I need to find a more roundabout direction and decide on an end within sight. I will be reviewing additional resource materials including movies suggested by my tutor. In this I will be looking into themes and am interested in the visual portrayal of these themes in a narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment