Monday 17 June 2013

Preliminary designs



Preliminary designs
I believe I have developed on my initial assessment and works and had enough to start the preliminary design for a final piece and have been designing several potential pieces on photoshop.
For these works I chose to go in a more subtle direction emphasizing colour and contrast in their development while seeking ways to create and isolated, dramatic, apocalyptic feel in them. I’m seeking these to have that kind of thematic flare in these trying to emphasize the abstract colouration of the bricks and urban decay. I am attracted to the image of the Saatchi entrance and the traffic cone in front of it and I am pleased with how the colours stand out.




I have used similar techniques including colouration and contrast to create this next piece but wanted this to be significantly darker and apocalyptic. The profuse darkness helps create the apocalyptic feel and I like how the same aspect makes the figures look kind of ghostly.

This final piece is I believe to be the most developed in photoshop and has possibly come out better through the printer than any other. Firstly by applying contrast and colourisation I have created this darkened red urban structure with a distinctly decaying look which helps to produce the apocalyptic feel. I have been careful to give it enough light to imply catastrophic sun exposure. The presence of human existence in the cars and the “no parking” painted in fading capitals over the decaying wall serves to give the piece a dramatic poignancy.

While doing this I need to gather information on canvas sizes and discuss these requirements with the tech. Due to the time constraints I have decided to produce three final pieces for the exhibition. During the painting I may add further to the image in order to accentuate the apocalypse feeling although I still want it to be subtle in approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment