Monday 17 June 2013

Processing



Processing 

My first piece has undergone a good deal of processing my first instinct is to fill in the white bits and negative space with the wanted colour and have now begun developing on effects such as the urban decay in the brickwork. I have used a fairly loose approach with this coposition as I intend to create the illusion of brickwork and moss and have saturated the colour of the bricks for better effect.



I do not want the colours to blend too much and avoid it becoming a cataclysmic acrylic mess but hope to establish lines and distance in between the bricks with the black rotting cement in between and leave it with a fairly melted together look. other Objects are being kept at a minimalist appearance with a flat layer of paint but I have relatively succeeded in a realist appearance of distance between objects.

Thus far these works are turning out similarly to McFadyen and Doig as well in their vibrancy and the play on colour and composition. Things are moving fairly slowly but I’m intent on getting this series right.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment