Wednesday 21 November 2012

Reviewing Intentions (week end)

16/10/2012


My tutor has encouraged me to pursue these two concepts that had been laid out prior and introduced us to several new artists as well as reviewing several others from the internet that are interesting inspirational sources.

Urban Enviroment development
In particularly I am attracted to the dark, expressive works of John Virtue and strange, satirical Jock McFadyen. Virtue paints london as a shadowy picturesque representation and Jock's focuses on cubist cartoon residents against the gritty and abstract landscape. Another artist I observed was the dark horror photography of April A. Taylor who composes inspirational dark Europe full of gothic churches and disturbing fantasies.

Life Drawing development
The other subject I am attracted to is the life drawing and I have been reviewing John M. Collier a contemporary member of the Art Whino, Jenny Saville a British painter associated with Young British Artists both who create striking images of the human form. Using the idea of human form and developing I am interested in pursuing the effects of dermatitis and dermatology in my own works (having suffered dermititis myself). For this sake I have been looking at contemporary Lou Rous who produces strong impressions of people and the street artist Ekundayo whose colourful depiction of deformed bodies is particularly inspirational.

I believe I could produce a reflective piece on the human condition an aspect Ive been aiming at since seeing the John Collier's work at the Blackburn Gallery and the talk with Ghislaine Howard about the expressive work of Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment